This fine matcha has got smooth moves - deliciously floral, hints of sweet hay, rich umami, and just enough astringency for complexity. Each portion is individually sealed at the source in a foil-lined bag, in a screw-top tin jar.
- Origin: Kyoto, Japan
- Oxidation Level: green tea
- Harvest: young leaves picked Spring 2020, with some older harvests blended for flavor and texture
- Grind date: December 2020
- Maximum Brew Temperature: 175° F, 80° C
- Liquor Color: deep emerald green
We like to prepare this using 2 grams of matcha and 100ml of warm water in a rounded bowl, whipped into a smooth foam using a traditional bamboo whisk. This yields a creamy texture and a rich mouthfeel, great to sip on its own, and also awesome over iced sparkling water.
We source this tea from Mr. Chun of Yunomi Tea, whose company mission is to connect Japanese tea farmers direct to the world!