30g Loose-leaf Tea - Competition Baozhong
FLORAL & CREAMY! Whenever a customer asks for a tea recommendation, this tea is our go-to answer! This tea is categorized as "Competition style because it is made to win tea competitions." - @floatingleavestea. Yikes! Gotta love that confidence! It's certainly won our hearts!
- Origin: Pinglin, Taiwan
- Traditional Tea Name: 包種烏龍春茶
- Cultivar: Qing Xin (青心)
- Grower: "Mr. Chen"
- Other Info: conventional, processed in-house
- Oxidation Level: light-medium
- Harvest: young leaves picked in April 2021
- Shaping: lightly twisted
- Maximum Brew Temperature: 195° F, 90° C
- Liquor Color: buttery yellow
- Quantity: 30g, about 5 portions
- Re-steeps: approximately 4-5
The back of the label has a stripe of color that you can use to help you brew! Steep your leaves with water at the recommended temperature and wait until the liquor matches the stripe of color on the label.
We like brewing this by steeping in a vessel where water can circulate freely like a spacious teapot. After the initial steeps, try steeping the leaves overnight in the refrigerator for some delicious cold-brew iced tea!
We source this tea from Ms. Shiuwen who runs Floating Leaves Tea, a fabulous and captivating lady with a unique take on tea! She sources directly from talented farmers in Taiwan every season.